Pattern making and sewing intro
Pattern making and sewing intro, an introduction to a part of fashion design.
I studied Fashion and Apparel Design, so i would love to take you on the brief summary of one of the important unit in Fashion and Apparel Design.
This is going to be on the Pattern Making and Sewing. We will begin from the basics then progress to the advanced level.
Fashion and apparel design is usually thought of as an easy course but I’ve come to find that because of the Apparel design included in the degree title it wasn’t as easy as was said.
More of Fashion and Apparel design: First semester is the beginning and a process to the much advance part of the course. In Apparel design your study about fiber, yarn, fabric and types of chemicals used in fabric making( fabric making not cloth or garment making), processes and types of printing such as screen printing, block printing etc. and also it includes technical and non-technical fabric used several parts of our daily life such as Medical field, Electronic field, Agricultural field even building construction.
Don’t worry we wouldn’t be discussing that here, we would be learning about Pattern making and Sewing.
We could decide to learn more about other parts of Fashion and Apparel design in the other pages of my blog.
For pattern making and sewing, I’ll make it quite brief and simple here, of cause i will be referring you to text books referred to in this syllabus, but not to worry examples would be given.
Basic meaning that we would be looking at Topics like:
- The Sewing machine and its type, its uses, it’s stitches.
- Study on body sizing and chart from the infant to children, for men, for women all these in the standard measurement.
- Then we’ll go to the drafting of slopes Using standard measurements for infant, children (preschool, two years to six years), women, men.
- Preparation of Muslim block.
- Flat Pattern Techniques and it’s Application, Pivot, splash and Spread ( Singer dart series, Double dart series, Radiating, Parallel, Graduating), conversion of darts to tucks, pleats , gathers, and seams.
When we are done with this we can move to the next.